Human Resources Officer(5/6 £23,311 - £27,371 per annum inclusive of London Weighting Allowance (FTE £24,691 - £28,991))
Closing Date: 16/08/2021
As Human Resources Officer, you will be part of a motivated and aspirational School Support team. You will act as the first point of contact providing generalist human resources services, as required by Bedelsford School in liaison with and supported by the central HR Team at the Orchard Hill College Academy Trust (OHCAT).
HR Officer – Job Description & Person Specification – Bedelsford
You will have:
- • CIPD Level 3 Foundation qualification, Certificate in Personnel Practice or equivalent (this may be gained after employment).
- • Successful experience of providing generalist Human Resources advice and support to managers and staff.
- • Awareness of issues relating to people with learning difficulties and willingness to work alongside students who may communicate through alternative communication systems.
Bedelsford is a special school in the heart of Kingston providing outstanding education for pupils aged 2-19 Year with physical and complex learning disabilities and difficulties including profound and multiple learning difficulties and complex medical needs. We currently have 120 pupils on roll.
Bedelsford is part of Orchard Hill College and Academy Trust (OHC&AT) which is a family of specialist education providers and services from nursery through to further education across London, Surrey, Sussex and Berkshire. Our schools and college work together to achieve the best life and work outcomes for pupils and students. Bedelsford provides a stimulating yet safe learning environment enabling each pupil/student to achieve to their maximum potential whilst managing their specialist and complex physical, health and learning needs.
The uniqueness of OHC&AT is that it is fully representative of all designations of special education needs and disabilities. Across the whole organisation there are a range of experts and practitioners who advocate for children and young people with special education needs and disabilities to ensure they receive the best possible opportunities to achieve their full potential.
We can offer you:
- • Competitive pension scheme (LGPS)
- • A friendly and supportive team
- • Perkbox benefits package offering numerous discounts across stores, gyms, supermarket discounts, as well as supporting staff with their financial, physical and emotional well-being
To apply for the role, please click here. You will be redirected to apply via our online TES portal.
Please note that CV applications will not be considered.
Application closing date: 9am on 16 August 2021
Interview date: 18 August 2021
Orchard Hill College and Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
OHC&AT aims to select staff on merit, irrespective of race, sex, disability, age or other protected characteristics. In order to monitor the effectiveness of our Equality Policy and recruitment procedures, we ask that all applicants complete an equal opportunities monitoring form.