The Sports Premium is awarded in addition to main school funding to be used to fund improvements to the provision of PE and sport, for the benefit of primary-aged pupils, to give them the opportunity to develop a healthy lifestyle. Please see below how the school has used this funding.
Swimming Competencies – February 2021
We have 3 Year 6 students in the school. All pupils have a physical or complex learning difficulty and disability.
- None of our year 6 students are able to swim competently, confidently or proficiently over a distance of at least 25 meters.
- None of our Year 6 students are able to use a range of different strokes.
- None of our Year 6 students are able to safe self–rescue in different water based activities.
All of our students when in the water have to be closely supervised and supported during their swimming sessions. Two of the three students need to be hoisted into the pool and be fully supervised and supported throughout their sessions.
The following has been achieved in swimming sessions:
- one of the three students is able to walk into the water when closely supervised.
- one of the three students is able to float independently whilst wearing a flotation aid for a short period of time.
- One of the three students is showing very early swimming skills, such as kicking in both prone and supine positions with close supervision and clear repeated instructions.
- All three of the Year 6 students are showing growing confidence and body awareness with regular sessions in both swimming, musical hydrotherapy and physio lead therapy.