The Sports Premium is awarded in addition to main school funding to be used to fund improvements to the provision of PE and sport, for the benefit of primary-aged pupils, to give them the opportunity to develop a healthy lifestyle. Please see below how the school has used this funding.
Swimming Competencies – November 2018
We have 11 Year 6 students in the school. All pupils have a physical or complex learning difficulty and disability.
- None of our year 6 students are able to swim competently, confidently or proficiently over a distance of at least 25 meters.
- None of our Year 6 students are able to use a range of different strokes.
- None of our Year 6 students are able to safe self–rescue in different water based activities.
All of our students when in the water have to be closely supervised and supported during their swimming sessions. Two of the 11 students need to be hoisted into the pool and be fully supervised and supported though out their sessions.
The following has been achieved in swimming sessions:
- nine of 11 students are able to walk into the water when closely supervised.
- seven of 11 students are able to float independently whilst wearing flotation aids for a short periods of time.
- six of 11 students are showing very early swimming skills, such as kicking in both prone and supine positions with close supervision and clear repeated instructions.
- All of our year 6 students are showing growing confidence and body awareness with regular sessions in both swimming and musical hydrotherapy.