We have a Family Support Worker at Bedelsford School, who provides support, advice and information to the families within our school community. Our Family Support Worker supports our families with any worries that they may have in relation to their child’s education, behaviour and wellbeing.
Advice and support is confidential, although concerns relating to the safeguarding of children will always be dealt with in accordance with the school’s Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy.
Our Family Support Worker supports our families by:
- promoting good attendance and making referrals to other agencies to support this, as needed;
- promoting pupils’ self-esteem and confidence;
- promoting positive behaviour and positive attitudes to learning, with the support of other professionals, such as therapists or the educational psychology service;
- providing information to our families, and signposting to other services in the local area;
- liaising with a range of external services such as social care;
- assistance in completing paperwork and forms e.g. housing, special educational needs, school places and benefits;
- attendance and support at school and other agency meetings, such as Child in Need meetings;
- access to training for our families, as well as workshops for our pupils in school.
If you have a sensitive matter that you wish to discuss, please contact the school office to make an appointment.