The Occupational Therapy team consists of Sensory Smart Child therapists who see out of borough children and Achieving for Children therapists who see Kingston children. Pupils are assessed and where appropriate a programme put in place which is then followed through by integrated OT and teacher led groups. Targets are integrated into the child’s Individual learning plan and OT boxes of appropriate equipment set up for use in class and throughout the day.
Therapy may focus on:
- Meeting the sensory needs of the child
- Devising programmes to support skills needed for functional learning
- Advising and recommending adaptive equipment to improve functional ability
- Advise and recommendation for class and personal care seating and facilities
- Contributions to Annual Review and EHCP’s
- Training for staff teams and parents