A group of our Sixth Form students visited a Transition Event to find out about some of the options open to them after they leave school. The event was organised by Orchard Hill College, the academy sponsor for the Trust we belong to. The College is recognised as Outstanding by Ofsted and offers social and vocational opportunities to post-16 students with a range of Special Educational Needs.
As well as being able to talk to staff from the College, students were also able to meet with other providers including
- Enhance Able – an organisation that supports people with disabilities in Kingston upon Thames and Richmond
- Balance – a social enterprise provider enabling people to become less reliant on services and reach their potential
- TFL Assistance- support for people with disabilities when using the London Transport network
- Day Space – an organisation that provides person-centred activities for people within the learning disability community
- Kingston Parent Carer Forum – that helps families access services within the Borough of Kingston