Bedelsford School is an Outstanding special school based in Kingston which provides innovative education and a supportive environment for pupils aged 2 to 19. The school provides places for 120 pupils with a wide range of physical disabilities including those with profound and multiple learning difficulties, moderate learning difficulties and complex health needs.
The school benefits from specialist facilities including an accessible swimming pool, adapted outdoor play areas and an outdoor learning environment. It is within walking distance of the vibrant town centre of Kingston upon Thames and has excellent transport links.
Bedelsford School keenly takes account of the development of neuroscientific knowledge and research to develop the skills of the staff team. Staff are trained to understand the unique way pupils learn and are supported to implement the teaching strategies to ensure pupils make the maximum progress. To find out more about Bedelsford School please visit www.bedelsfordschool.org
We are seeking a Designated Safeguarding Lead & Family Support Worker.
We are looking for someone to join our senior leadership team who:
· Is either a qualified social worker, preferably with experience of working in a Children with Disabilities team or is someone who has experience as a designated safeguarding lead and of managing safeguarding in a school or relevant organisation
· Has experience of submitting safeguarding referrals, attending Child in Need / Core Group / Child Protection Conferences and is confident with statutory thresholds.
· Understands the challenges that families of children with complex disabilities can encounter and is tenacious in securing the very best outcomes for pupils and families.
We offer you:
· Pupils who love learning at school.
· Support from a happy friendly team of committed professionals, in an environment which values and promotes staff wellbeing.
· A well-resourced and pleasant working environment.
· Meaningful investment in your CPD, with clear career progression opportunities.
· A central location with excellent transport links.Apply